Thursday, April 21, 2011

One Wedding Memory

Today is our wedding anniversary. Four years ago right now, I was about to walk down the aisle at sunset and say I do. One memory that has popped in my head a lot today from the wedding is a great story about Josh's good but not so great intentions and our marriage license.

We went to the place we were going to get married in two separate vehicles. I got there in plenty of time before the ceremony and was getting ready and enjoying my time with my bridal party. The wedding helper there kept coming in though and asking where Josh was. I would call him, and he kept telling me him and his crew were almost there. FINALLY they get there and had to quickly get ready. I was just relieved he made it there safely and didn't have cold feet or something else horrible. Then the photographer as well as the staff came in multiple times asking for a hair dryer. When I asked why, they nervously assured me everything was okay and literally ran away from me. I knew something was up, but I didn't find out what that was all about until the day AFTER the wedding.

Josh decided that he needed to make sure that his suit didn't have any wrinkles in it. That was the first and only time Josh has EVER worried about wrinkles by the way. So he had a grand idea to throw our ironing board in the back of his friend's truck and throw the iron that was full of water into his bag that had our marriage certificate in it. When they got there, the marriage license was swimming in a pool of water at the bottom of his bag. No license=No legal marriage that day, so it was a bit of a problem! The search was on for a hair drier, which they finally found. There were grown men holding the marriage license and blow drying it. Thankfully it worked and while the paper was a little crumpled it still did the job and we were legally married that day on April 21st. Oh and even better, the ironing board came up missing too. Josh says it either flew out of the truck while driving or someone stole it (dramatic sigh!).

I laugh now about it, and I am extremely happy I didn't know about any of it on my wedding day : )

0 comments: