Friday, April 15, 2011

I Promise I Don't Beat My Kids

That is what I thought when people spotted my girls' recent injuries. They went over 8 months without hardly a scatch on them and then BAM within a week of each other, they both get their first bruises : (


Tatum is the crazy child who rolls and thrashes around and yanks on her bumpers in her crib nonstop. She loves to stick her body between the crib and the bumper too. So I thought I was being a "safe Mommy" by taking out the bumpers so she couldn't suffocate. Boy was I wrong! She managed to put her leg through the crib rails at an angle that got her cute chubby leg stuck. I have NEVER heard her cry like she did that day. It took me a good 30 seconds to get her out of there. She was REALLY stuck, poor thing. After Josh gave me his "I told you so" lecture, we put the bumpers back up.


Tamryn got her first shiner a few days later when she lost her balance and fell forward onto a red bucket. The cry that came out of her was very similar to Tatum's when she got hurt : ( Josh gave me another "I told you so" lecture, and I put the red bucket up until they're a little older. I never realized how unsafe so many things are for little babies!

1 comments:

Taylor Peterson said...

POOR THINGS!