Wednesday, April 6, 2011

March Madness


Well the picture says it all! I don't think she agreed with what her jammies said about loving Mom at that moment haha : ) We got a great tip from a friend about how to handle a baby when they are being "difficult." Instead of saying something like, "You little *!@!, stop crying!" tell them, "I love you." It really works! No matter how frustrated I get, it's pretty much impossible to say or shout I love you in a mean way and it instantly calms me down, which eventually leads to them calming down. Josh uses it too even though the girls rarely get to him. He's definitely the more calm parent, surprise surprise : )



Josh and I got free suite tickets to the Nascar race. I was very excited...Josh not so much. He was a trooper though and he at least enjoyed the free food and drinks. My favorite was the desserts...pie, cake, cookies, and brownies, yum!

Our binky thief was finally caught! I was pulling back Tatum's bumper and this is what I found. The funny thing is she is always sticking her head under the bumper in this exact spot and when I walk in she quickly pops her head back out. I have a feeling she was intentionally hiding them there. She often has one in her mouth, one in each hand, and still goes and yanks her sister's binky out of her mouth too!


This is how they look every morning when I go in their rooms to get them when they wake up bright and early at 6:00. I wish I was full of as much energy as them! Tatum is in the top picture on her belly and Tamryn is chilling on her back : ) They really are very happy babies...most of the time!



They are getting to be such big girls sitting up all by themselves (finally). Tatum is in pink and Tamryn in purple.

We took the girls on a rhino ride in our now 4-seater rhino. They LOVED it! Tamryn sat back looking slightly bored while Tatum sat up laughing and smiling the majority of the time. Josh picked out the carseats himself. I guess it was cheaper to get the bright pink ones instead of the more gender neutral ones. I think it makes our rhino look super stylish : )


I don't know what I would do without our daily walk. The girls love to be outside and smile and giggle for most of the walk. I feel like it makes the day go by so much quicker too. On this particular walk, Tatum's up front and Tamryn's in back.


Yay! We're EIGHT months old already! It's the most exciting and saddest thing to watch them grow up so quickly.

The girls will only go to sleep in their crib or in a moving vehicle/stroller. Otherwise they fight sleep and are extremely grumpy. Tamryn stayed awake for over 5 hours one day when we were in Vegas, which is a long time for her. She finally passed out and snuggled with Grandma thank goodness.

The girls love it when I "accidentally" put their basket of toys close to them and they oh so slyly tip it over and throw their toys everywhere. Then they look at me so innocently...how sweet haha : )


Perfect example of the girls not always wanting to be on the same schedule. Tamryn wants to play and Tatum just wants some sleep.

1 comments:

Taylor Peterson said...

cuuuuteeeee