Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Babies' Room


I am SOOOOOO happy to announce the babies' room is open for business! Josh and I as well as many of our friends and family slaved over this room over the past few months. Pretty much everything in this picture is new! We had to clean it out, refinish the floor, seal and redrywall parts of the walls and ceiling, put in new base boards, get new window coverings, get a new and improved ceiling fan, and my favorite...paint everything! People that actually enjoy painting, I just don't get it. You may notice it's very neutral, because I will NEVER be repainting it! The worst part was the windows. The house was built over 80 years ago, and the windows have a lot of wood in them that needed to be sanded, painted and repainted like 10 times to look good. We are so excited to be able to now put the two cribs and girly baby stuff in there. I'm hoping to be completely done decorating by the end of May when all of my baby showers are done. I can't believe we somehow got another room in the house redone...a very important room too!

3 comments:

Megan Kolhoss said...

Congrats!!! I love the floors. Hope the pregnancy is going well. They'll be here before you know it.

Tell Josh "HI" for Kasey.

Rawson Family said...

WOW! It looks really good. I'll have to come over and see it.

Amy Rindy said...

The wood floor is beautiful! The room looks great so far, and I can't wait to see pics of it all done and girly!