April through June was full of outdoor playtime for the girls. The weather was beautiful almost every day, and the girls and I spent hours and hours every day out in the yard. Our house isn't in the best shape, but our yard is wonderful. It's amazingly big with so many different trees, plants, sticks, bugs, sand, grass, toys and other things to keep them exploring something new and different each and every day. It's nice as a mom to be able to sit back and relax while watching them go off and do their thing : )
 |
| We went to a community Easter Egg Hunt in Moapa a few days before Easter. Tatum screamed, 'Eggs!' over and over again as she raced around trying to snatch as many little plastic eggs as humanly possible while Tamryn found two eggs and spent the rest of the hunt singing 'Egg, egg, egg' while dancing and spinning around as she was admiring her two prized eggs. They are so opposite sometimes! |
 |
| I started letting them use crayons and colored pencils. Unfortunately our front door paid for it since it's decorated with their art work now : ( I try to watch them super closely but I swear they hide one in their pants or something. They are slowly getting better at the concept of drawing on their paper and not on the walls and table. They were so cute drawing together and somewhat sharing the colored pencils. |
 |
| Tamryn's piece of art. She has a thing for the color purple. |
 |
| Tatum's piece of art. She loved using all different colors and was very wild with her technique : ) |
 |
| Tatum became quite obsessed with flowers this spring and loved hunting for them in the yard (poor flowers!) |
 |
| Tamryn thought it was the BEST thing ever to get covered in stickers by her Daddy while we were coloring eggs. |
 |
| I started babysitting a sweet girl Abbie during the spring every morning. She's three years older than my girls, and they LOVED copying everything Abbie did. That turned out to be great, because Abbie is such a well behaved and fun kid. Here's when they wanted to copy Abbie sitting nice and still in a chair...didn't last long but cute to watch for a minute : ) |
 |
| My girls never ate at the table before. I was still using their high chairs, but when they saw Abbie eating her snack at the table, they insisted on doing it too. They only use their high chairs now for their cereal in the morning. Otherwise, they sit nicely at the table. I guess it takes an almost 5 year old to help a Mom realize her almost 2 year olds are ready to eat like big girls : ) |
 |
| Tamryn on Easter in her Easter dress |
 |
| Tamryn hunting for eggs on Easter in her Easter dress |
 |
| My attempt to get a picture of the girls together in their Easter dresses. I literally had to hold them down, and they were not happy about it. |
 |
| The girls being entertained by some cool machines at the Clark County Fair right here in Logandale. They look like giants in their strollers! I have no idea where they got the above average height from : ) |
 |
| This is what they did for much of the time, reaching and pointing at things. They made it a whole hour before being ready to call it a day haha. |
 |
| The girls loved playing in the irrigation water in our yard every week when it started getting warmer outside. Here's Tatum enjoying the water. |
 |
| Tamryn grew to like it eventually too : ) |
 |
| I finally got the courage to take the girls to Tot Time at the library every week. They do actually sit and listen during singing/reading time for at least the first 5 minutes or so, but they really like after when they can look through books on their own and play with the puzzles. I'm hoping they get better with it the more I take them. |
 |
| Tatum finally found something else to be in love with other than her binkie (which is getting taken away for good soon unfortunately)...a big soft teddy bear! Her Grandpa Steve got it for her and it was love at first sight. She snuggles with it to go to sleep every time now. So cute! |
 |
| Copying Abbie some more! Tamryn loved playing bumper cars with her. |
 |
| We have a little blow up pool that the girls love to swim in, especially when Abbie is there to entertain them with her tricks : ) |
 |
| Tatum swinging in our yard...I have so many similar pictures of them in this swing from a year ago. Their heads were literally right at or just below the top of the seat. They are getting soooo big! |
 |
| Tamryn swinging too and loving it! |
 |
| They have recently started really getting into giving each other hugs and kisses, which is very sweet especially when they do it when the other one is hurt or sad. Such great sissies! |
 |
| The whole wearing Mama and Daddy's shoes have begun! Tatum's favorite is by far Daddy's boots, and it's fun to watch her attempts to walk around the house in them. |
That's a quick snapshot from the past six months, and I am determined to keep up now with the next six months of the year. I can do it, I can do it! : )
0 comments:
Post a Comment