Last week was Josh's birthday. If you don't know already, I LOOOOVVVEEE birthdays, while Josh doesn't particularly like them too much. I was so excited for his birthday, but unfortunately there were some complications that day. I had one of my many doctor's appointments that day, and I found out why I needed to be going to the doctor so much. My cervix or as Josh calls it, my trap door, was thinning out and starting to open up...quite dramatically in a short amount of time. I had to get it stitched up asap or I would most likely go into labor within the next few weeks. Of course, I was crying my eyes out, scared to death like the crazy preggo chick that I am these days. My doctor insisted that this is what happens sometimes with twins and it would be okay, and Josh was so good and calm about the whole thing. Unfortunately, all of this happened on his birthday. So it was not all that I hoped it would be, but luckily Josh really didn't care. He still got his Coldstone ice cream cake, and I was happy that we at least got to sing happy birthday to him. I got the complication all fixed up Saturday at the hospital where we stayed for the majority of the day. I had a lot of firsts that day...got an i.v. in my arm, got to be in an operating room, got a spinal block in my back (the worst part of the whole ordeal), and got my first hospital room to stay in while I recovered. The babies are doing fantastic, and I'm just pretty sore but happy that everything seems to be okay now. Through all of this, Josh has been the #1 hubby ever! He has taken such good care of me and has kept the crazy preggo chick from coming back. I am extremely grateful for him, my family, friends, and my doctors and nurses that made this whole complicated experience not so bad.
Josh snapped a few pictures with his camera phone at the hospital. I was a little out of it...probably a good thing : )
Josh loved this bracelet they put on me. He thinks I need this all the time since I tend to trip and fall a lot...I'm not the most coordinated person : )
Sunday, March 7, 2010
A Birthday Full of Complications
Posted by Melissa Taylor at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh goodness! I hope you are doing OK. Thanks Josh for Taking good care of her!
So scary! I'm so glad everything is going well now. It is so amazing what doctors can do to keep things in the best condition possible. I hope you don't have any more scares and that your baby girls save the drama for when they are out of you!:)
Post a Comment