I'm pregnant ... and here's the real kicker ... with twins! Josh and I have known since Thanksgiving Day we were expecting a little bundle of joy. A few days ago we went in for the first ultrasound, and we found out we were having TWO little bundles of joy. We were both completely shocked, and I honestly don't remember too much of the rest of the ultrasound session since I started having trouble breathing. My first thought was OMG I'm not qualified to take care of TWO newborns! What am I going to do?! I feel bad about that now, but it was just the last thing I expected to hear. We got pregnant naturally (meaning no fertility drugs/procedures used), I haven't had any other children, and I'm not over 35, so there wasn't any reason for me to even consider the possibility of twins. I did just find out though that my Great-Great Grandma (my Grammy's Grandma) on my Mom's side had fraternal twins, so I probably got the "hyperovulation" gene from her. After a few days I am beginning to feel better about the whole thing, and I'm thinking those two blobs on the ultrasound picture are the cutest blobs I've ever seen! Josh is handling it okay too actually, and he has been wonderful with helping out with things over the past month or so. I've had horrible nauseau and fatigue 24/7. It's been rough, but from what I've heard this is the easy part of it all. The Taylor Twins are "officially" due August 8th, but since they are twins we will most likely be singing Happy Birthday to them in the beginning or middle of July. There's a higher risk of miscarriage, preterm labor, and other complications with twins, so Josh and I will appreciate happy thoughts for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery for us : )
Monday, January 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It better be mid July. August 8th is too close to my birthday!!
I'm so exited for you guys.. Hope you get one of each!! :)
Wow! Congrats!
Tell Josh, that's what happens when you say" I'm only going to have one kid."
I'm just down the street if you ever need a extra hand.
Post a Comment