Monday, August 17, 2009

Honeymoon...2 Years Later

Earlier this month, Josh and I went on our "official" honey- moon ...2 years later : ) We finally made time for it, and we decided to be kinda cheap since we're in a recession and all. We went to Brian Head and then to Zion. Brian Head was all about relaxing, while Zion was all about hiking.

Josh looks like he's resting, but he was just bored waiting for me to catch up. He kicked my butt in the whole bike riding thing. I need to build up some more leg muscles. I can't believe I rode these things non-stop as a kid!





Melissa hanging out at Zion


Josh hanging out at Zion


We went through the tunnel. It was pretty cool inside even though the pictures in there didn't turn out too good.


Josh's white legs : ) Yes he wore shorts one of the days. He NEVER wears them...for obvious reasons : )


One of the MANY squirrels that came up to us to beg for food.


I was walking like a dork on one of our hikes in Zion.


Josh hanging out on a log checking out all of the Europeans. Americans were the minority that day. No one spoke English and no one wore deodorant : ( It literally brought tears to our eyes on the shuttle bus. It was interesting though to watch the European ways...their mannerisms, accents, ettiquete, smells, etc.


It was so pretty at Zion! I wish it was a little greener back in Logandale or Vegas.



I love this sweaty picture of Josh at one of the ponds at Zion. I'm sure he was thinking about how amazing it was there : )


Josh and I at the end of our 10 mile hike. I loved it and felt great, while Josh was actually having a tough time keeping up with me. Now that's a first! I definitely want to go hiking again, but I'm not sure if Josh will agree to it for awhile now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Josh is wearing camoflauge socks haha...that would be a fun place to take my fifty for the bike trails

Melissa Taylor said...

Once we got up there we soooo wished we had brought the rhino up there, especially to Brian Head...I'm pretty sure offroad vehicles/bikes aren't aloud where we were at Zion though : (