The past two weekends Josh and I have gone on rhino rides. The first one was spent in the Mormon Mountains somewhat near Logandale. The second trip was near Bunker mountains somewhat near Mesquite. Both places were filled with abandoned mines, snakes, and bugs that seemed to enjoy biting me A LOT. Both trips were long (about 12 hours each) but a lot of fun too! There were even other girls there to enjoy the fun. Lexie was there for both, and Kelly joined us for the first trip. Josh had a blast. He LOVES being outside and exploring. On a sad note though, at the very end of our second trip, our rhino caught on fire! Josh has some stuff to fix on it now, but luckily noone was hurt.
While I was driving a sidewinder went right across the trail, and I accidentally almost ran it over! Josh made me turn around and its rattle was going off, but it stayed still. They are very poisonous, but other than the rattle the snake just played dead until we left.
5 minutes later, another snake slithered on the trail and actually jumped in Gabe's razor! This picture shows Josh trying to get it out.
If you look closely, you can see the snake peeking its head out by the tire.
They got it out and everyone enjoyed checking out the poor snake that unfortunately died due to its injuries : (
A scary mine the boys decided they had to repel down.
Bob is throwing down the rope.
My Joshy going in the scary hole!
Everyone made it in and out of the mines safely. They found some huge pack rats and some left behind tools from the mines. Josh took back an old shovel.
This is the mine that I WENT INTO! Josh pretty much drug me in, but it was actually very cool inside. I only had to crawl into the hole, no repeling down into a hole involved.
Here's proof that I was brave enough to go in a mine!

0 comments:
Post a Comment