Thursday, November 7, 2013

28 Reasons To Be Thankful Week One

So I've neglected to post anything on this blog for well over a year and what better way to start again by listing each day in November up until Thanksgiving Day something or someone that I am thankful for. I'm going to make an effort to not be too corny as well as not too materialistic, but be warned...I'm not perfect! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and happy holidays!
And so the list begins...
November 1st-Non chocolaty Halloween candy

Last night my girls got quite a bit of candy while trick or treating. I noticed when we got home that most of the candy was lacking a big ingredient, chocolate. I'm not a fan of chocolate-less candy, so I didn't pig out on candy which is a first for me. My booty and thighs are very thankful for that!

November 2nd-Our new (to us) motorhome
This past weekend was our first real family racing trip in the motor home we bought earlier this year. The picture above is from our first outing with the motor home at the reservoire five minutes from our house. For years we've been using a big enclosed metal trailer with just a toilet and shower in it. It had metal floors and nowhere to sit, beds to sleep in or even a sink to use. Traveling in it was not the most comfortable. We are so spoiled now with a bed, couch,  comfy chair, table, full bathroom, kitchen area, carpeted floors even lol! This weekend has been unbelievably nice and so much easier to handle two 3 year olds and a bunch of guys (Josh and his pit crew). Dare I say I'm actually excited for Josh's next race?!

November 3rd-Josh
He has his quirks and keeps life interesting. People love him or hate him since he's a blunt and honest, sometimes too honest, kind of guy. Josh can literally fix anything and kind of loves fixing everything big or small, even $1 toys my girls repeatedly break. He is trustworthy and a hard worker. He has the funniest and loudest laugh, and he watches the oddest yet educational shows that I would never even thought to watch were it not for him. He does things spur of the moment, which the crazy planner in me needs occasionally to stay balanced. Josh is a great daddy who gives his girls hugs and kisses every day and encourages them to use their brains and to not be afraid of dirt and racing. Plus, he's kinda my best friend, a definite keeper :)

November 4th-Internet Shopping
Living an hour away from any shopping malls, unless you count Walmart a half hour away, and having little kids in tow, it's hard to find the extra time and extra gas money to shop, especially around Christmas time. Thank goodness for online shopping where I can compare products and prices and find the best deals/online coupons. I really only buy exactly what I need, no extra fun little things to throw in the cart. I'm pretty sure online shopping is why I'm just about finished with my Christmas shopping with almost 2 months to go. My favorite by far is amazon.com. Literally everything is on there.

November 5th-My sweet and busy Tatum Jolee 
I put her first, because she's baby B and usually is second lol. What's not to love about this adorable girl?! I'm so thankful to be able to watch her grow and learn each and every day. She's such a sweet and snuggly little thing who loves puzzles, kisses, snakes, bugs, jumping, running around, and the sand pile. She has such a sweet and sensitive spirit, and she loves to explore and learn, especially when it involves the alphabet and books. Her smile and laugh brightens everyone's day, especially mine. I really am one lucky mama!


November 6th-Tamryn Marie, my little fireball in pink
This girl knows what she wants and  is not afraid to tell you or fight for it. There's never a dull or quiet moment! She loves to talk, and she's always trying to take care of everyone and everything, especially her sissy and her collection of dolls. Other than her dolls, she loves the color pink, jewelry, her leopard print boots, tutu skirts, princesses and the letter J. Her serious nature makes us all laugh and say she's just like her Daddy. I am so thankful to spend every day with her and have so many lengthy conversations with her about, well, everything. I guess I am one double lucky mama! 
November 7th-Pilates and Zumba classes
I just started going to these two classes over the past few months, and I'm  kind of in love. My friend Carli and I go together which is part of the reason I love the classes as well as chatting with other nice people in the classes. Tara and Annie that teach the classes are great and I get a really good workout every time. Now if I was living in Vegas still, I don't think I'd be that thankful since there are almost too many gyms and classes to choose from. There aren't any gyms here and a very limited number of exercise classes that people independently teach. These classes are like happy pills for me and I have to add I'm so thankful to my hubby Josh for watching the girls during those evenings without complaining.

0 comments: