Making a mess while eating! They are very vocal about their likes and dislikes when it comes to food, and it changes and flip flops all the time. They definitely keep chef Mommy on her toes! For the moment likes are bananas, eggs, rice, and milk. Dislikes are any foods that are new. It pretty much takes 5 to 10 tries before they will even try something new (sigh).
playing in the pool! How do I not have any pictures of them with water in it? It definitely helped the hot summer go by a little bit quicker for us.
Legos! They are really getting good at linking the legos together and building things. Tatum especially gets into building things. You can literally see her brain working in overdrive. Both girls LOVE taking apart the creations I make for them too.
The girls recently started playing in their rooms more instead of always in the living room. It's funny how the same toys that they are bored with in the living room are all of a sudden so much fun in their bedroom. The girls are really getting good at playing together too, even if they have an occasional tiff about sharing a toy.
Their favorite toys are either balls or objects that are shaped similar to one. They literally will play with them for HOURS. They've recently discovered how to kick them around the room too...future soccer players?
One night Tatum discovered she could bite on the tag of a ball and run around with it in her mouth. She did this for a good hour, laughing and panting the whole time. It kinda reminded us of a dog haha : )
Running around with a basket on their head! Tatum discovered this one recently. I think Daddy put the idea in her head, and it wasn't long before Tamryn joined in the fun too. They get really excited and can't stop laughing when they run into something. Since I tend to think of heads splitting open and blood everywhere, it's more of a Daddy and girls activity.
Relaxing in their lazy boys. This picture has a funny story to it. One day I had accidentally left the t.v. on and was sorting laundry when it got strangely quiet for way too long. When I went to investigate, I found the girls lounging in their chairs watching Days of Our Lives MUCH too intently. I don't even watch soap operas, so I'm guessing all the drama on t.v. was something interesting and new to them. I couldn't help but watch them, laugh a little, take a picture, and promptly turn the t.v. off : )
discover new toys at birthday parties. We went to a little girl Lizzie's 1st birthday party, and Tamryn spotted this ball pit and parked herself right in the middle of it for the majority of the party. Cousin Juliet kept her company for awhile in there too. I definitely got some good ideas for Christmas presents for the girls.
Crawling in and out of things has been a huge obsession with the girls for at least the past month or so. There have been some bumps and bruises along the way, but they are intent on mastering the art of climbing.
Their new toy box in their room is soooo much more fun than all the toys inside it. They love to throw everything out of it and hop on in it.
Their lego wagon BARELY fits them in it but it doesn't stop them from squeezing in!
Cardboard boxes are fun to climb in too!
Sometimes they don't like sharing the space though. It's so hard not to laugh when they get mad at each other. Less than a minute after I snapped this they were giggling together in it : )
Wearing sunglasses...well at least Tatum is finally wearing them for a minute or two now. Tamryn still can't stand them.
playing at Grandma and Grandpa's. They just love it there. They are so spoiled by them, which I love since it makes me think of myself being spoiled by my Grammy and loving going over to her house as a kid.
Showing off toothy smiles...finally! I thought they would never get teeth until they did at nearly a year old. Now Tatum has five teeth and Tamryn has four. I love Tamryn's cute little smile in the picture!
Saturday, October 1, 2011
What have the girls been up to these days?
Posted by Melissa Taylor at 12:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment