Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Quick Look at Thanksgiving & Christmas 2010

I am FINALLY paying attention to this blog again after way too many months. I feel awful, because I should be documenting all the cool things happening with the girls. Life with twins has been fun but really crazy and for a long time I had very little free time. I recently FINALLY got them on a great nap schedule as well as getting them to sleep 11-12 hours straight at night. I feel more like myself now and amazingly I have some extra time to do things that I kind of enjoy like blogging. I really want the girls to be able to look at this when they are older to see what life was like when they were babies.

I posted a few pictures from Thanksgiving and Christmas. These "first" holidays for the girls flew by so quickly! The girls really didn't seem to care too much about the holidays, except that they enjoyed tasting some of the yummy food at Thanksgiving and playing with the Christmas tree ornaments as well as the wrapping paper on Christmas morning. I'm already counting down the days until the holiday season is here again!

Happy Thanksgiving! We spent the day at my parents house in Las Vegas, and we were able to see a lot of extended family.

The girls both have a tough time taking naps anywhere but in their crib at home. Tamryn went ALL day without a nap. My dad was holding her and she was playing and having a good old time when suddenly she just passed out without any warning. The house was really loud with people talking too. I'm pretty sure she didn't wake up for at least an hour.

4 Generations of Girls in my family

Tamryn trying out some mashed potatoes for the first time

Tatum's turn

A random picture of me with one of my girls...a rare thing since I'm usually the one taking the pictures. I think we were celebrating my little sister Taylor's birthday that day.

We visited Josh's family in Arizona during the day on Christmas Eve. It was the first time the girls met their Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Taylor. Here's a 4 generation picture of the Taylor's.

Tamryn LOVED hanging out with her Great Grandma Taylor. Tamryn is definitely the one that usually needs extra time to warm up to new people, so we were surprised when she was instantly laughing and smiling with her.

A Peterson picture on Christmas Eve...Josh somehow snuck away long enough to get out of this picture. We spent Christmas Eve afternoon and into the evening at my parents house. We opened gifts with family and enjoyed some delicious food.

Hanging out with Daddy in pajamas. I had them in adorable matching Christmas dresses but they all of a sudden both got really hot and Grandma insisted on getting them out of the dresses. Unfortunately I never even got a good picture of them in their dresses : (

Our "lovely" family Christmas picture. This is one of the only pictures of them where neither of them are crying. Can you tell they had a long day?

Christmas morning!

They were very intrigued by their Tickle Me Elmo dolls they got for Christmas

0 comments: