Friday, October 8, 2010

Catching Up on the Last Three Months

I can't believe it, but somehow my girls are already 12 weeks old! So much has changed in that short amount of time. I have learned how to function on a lot less sleep, change diapers so well I can do it in my sleep (a few times I think I did), maneuver a shopping cart and double stroller through a grocery store (I even somehow drug a chair behind the double stroller through the produce section without knowing it), install a car seat in a truck correctly (Josh and I even made it in the local paper looking very interested at a car seat inspection event), calm two fussy babies at the same time, breastfeed two babies (and yes it is possible and not that bad...I absolutely LOVE my twin nursing pillow so I can feed them at the same time) and the list goes on and on. I really wish I had kept up on blogging, because there are so many great little moments I would have liked to share. This is an attempt to do a little bit of catch up now. Here's my favorite pictures of my little sweet peas taken over the past few months.

Here's one of them at 2 weeks old...I think it's Tamryn : ) I can't believe how small she was!!

Up until a few weeks ago, this was their favorite way to be held. Daddy loves rocking his girls and hanging out with them

Here's Tatum (I think) at 3 weeks old. I remember how surprised we were that they didn't fit into any of their newborn clothes and diapers. I am so glad my mom came to the rescue and went to the store to buy them preemie clothes and diapers, which they wore until they were a month old.

It's been a pleasant surprise to see how much my brother Jared and sister Taylor adore the girls. Whenever we come over to visit they help out so much and hang out with the girls for all of the time we are there. Tam and Tate have an awesome aunt and uncle!


I remember taking this picture and being completely exhausted. There were a million people at my parents house for my brother's birthday, and I just wanted to sneak somewhere and take a nap.

One month old-One of my favorite pictures! Tatum was really unhappy and Tamryn didn't seem to appreciate being screamed at.

Cuddling with Daddy

My Mom has been such a good Grandma. She is so good with the girls, and she has helped me out soooooo much. She taught me and Josh how to do pretty much anything to do with the babies. She's the best babysitter too! I wish we lived closer since she is such good help, and I know she misses the girls a lot.

The girls are always pulling their heads up these days. They get stronger every day. They are about a month old here.

Here are the girls sleeping in their pack n play in our room. They slept there until they were 6 weeks old. I was super nervous about them being all alone in their crib in their room, but the girls didn't know any different and slept just fine. I feel very lucky that they sleep so well at night. They have always liked to be swaddled and put in their crib and left alone. They do still wake up around 1 and 5 in the morning to eat, and they go right back to sleep. It's kind of nice that I don't have to rock them or do anything really special to get them to go to bed. I just hope it doesn't change!

They have days where they are super happy and wave their arms around and kick their chunky legs while they smile and laugh. I love those moments!

Happy Sisters : )

On this day they went to their first kid's birthday party. They were all dressed up and ready to party! Josh said they looked like little pickles : )

Tatum at exactly 2 months old! Such a happy baby!

Tamryn...not so happy. I tried all day to get a picture of her where she was not crying. She definitely woke up on the wrong side of the crib that day. Such a dramatic little 2 month old!

Finally at the end of the day I was able to get a "serious" face from Tamryn. I think she liked hanging out with Daddy.

Josh juggling both girls which is not as easy as it looks

I FINALLY got the girls to somewhat like their swings. I kind of forced it on them because I was exhausted. I needed something that would keep them entertained for a few minutes so I could get a little bit of a break. Unfortunately I'm lucky to get them to be happy in them for longer than 15 minutes but I'll take what I can get!

They have the cutest smiles : )

The girls do like their bumbos mostly because they get to sit up. That's the only way they like to be held these days. Tamryn is more of the sloucher while Tatum has to be sitting straight up. Tamryn is being fussy in this picture.

Tatum decides to take over the grumpy role...silly girls!

Hanging out with Great Grandpa Bob

Now hanging out with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Peterson. I love the fact that all 8 of their great grandparents are alive and well. I hope they get to meet all of their great grandparents soon!

Mommy and one of her little girls just a few weeks ago

1 comments:

Amy Rindy said...

I loved this post! I can't believe how adorable your girls are. I love the picture of them sleeping in their pack n play together - so sweet. And they have the cutest smiles! I totally admire any mother of twins, and it seems like you are a pro at it!