Tuesday, July 14, 2009

4th of July Weekend

Over the 4th of July weekend we spent our time at Mt. Wilson. Bob, Kelly, Hawkeye, and Jamie were there too. We ate less this time and went on longer and more adventurous rhino rides. The weather was such a treat. It was in the 70's to 80's the whole time. I didn't realize how many mines are up there. Josh once again drug me in yet another mine. I have to admit it was very cool inside...literally. It was probably 40 degrees down there. We also came across wild horses and deer along the way. The scariest part of the weekend was when Josh tipped the razor over when he went up a mountain side that is a little too steep for much of anything to go on. Luckily I was watching and not part of the wreck. Josh is fine, and he was laughing a lot of the time while they were trying to figure out how to get the rhino off of the mountain side. The weekend was a lot of fun!


Jamie and Hawkeye put on silly bandanas and said they were pirates. I thought they looked like Rambos. That might be why they're flipping me off : )

We came across what is left of an old cabin...the doorway.


We also came across what is left of a track for the mines.


Josh showing off his new gun.

Josh posing with the gun. It's hard to see though. I think his dimple looks cute in the picture though : )


I shot Josh's new gun a few times. I guess I'm a pretty good shooter. I kept hitting my targets surprisingly.


Josh was checking out the walls inside of the mine we went down into.


This is a workbench left in the mine from a really long time ago.


There are old rail tracks on the ground in the mine too.


Hmmmm....I wonder what's down there.


When we went in the mine it started out as a tunnel for a few minutes and then it opened up onto a huge platform that looked over a really big hole. Here's Bob and Josh standing on the platform.

The spooky tunnel in the mine
Inside the mine looking out

0 comments: